[norcal-hug] Re: Time to plan our next meeting?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:39:25 -0800

William Tracy wrote:
On Jan 30, 2008 10:06 AM, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
William, please, stay delurked. :) As you can see, we are a small group,
and we need more people to contribute in order to make the HUG more
lively. :)

I've played with Haiku under a VM, but right now I'm pretty much sold
on Linux for all my day-to-day tasks (you can pry Bash away from my
cold, dead fingers). However, I'm enthusiastic about anything that
increases the diversity in Open Source operating systems. Lots of
people I know aren't ready for Linux, and probably never will be. I'm
looking forward to the day when either Haiku or ReactOS is complete
enough that I can recommend them.

Somebody remind me to poke around in the Haiku kernel after I finish
the operating systems class at school...

PS: William, may I suggest that you register to nocal-hug.org? That
would give us a better idea of where you are located. :)

Hmm, that site seems to be down right now.

My bad: it is norcal-hug.org (not nocal-hug.org). :)

Anyway, I am from the
greater North Bay (Santa Rosa, to be exact) and am going to school in
central California (Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo). So where I am depends
on whether school is in session or not. :-)

Some of us are going to be in LA for the SCaLE conference. We have a Haiku booth, and one of our devs is a featured speaker and will be giving a Haiku presentation. This is on the weekend of Feb 9 & 10; if you have time to drive down to LA, it would be fun to get together. :)

Cheers,

Koki