[modeleng] Re: Silversolder

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 06:52:31 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

    Do you have the facilities  and inclination,  to do a similar test
on two bits welded together?

Roger, are you referring to welding two HSS drill bits together?  I have never
tried that, but I have silver soldered drills onto long extension rods for
drilling in hard to access places.  I scarf the ends of the two pieces as was
done in the test examples and that works quite well.

    The picture of the model traction engine - the one with the engine
in the wheel - when was this taken,  as I have seen a recent picture of
the model with it all painted up.   There couldn't be two models of the
same engine could there?

I too seriously doubt that two models exist of the traction engine.  Possibly
Cherry Hill decided to paint the engine after it was displayed at the show
where the photo was made.  Alan Stepney knows when and where the photo was made
because I got the image from his website. I know it was made about 2 years ago
at one of the larger shows over in Old Blighty.   How about filling us in Alan?

Jesse