[modeleng] Re: Silversolder

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:53:31 +1100

One of the examination pieces when I did welding at Tech was two pieces of
1" x 1/2" steel welded together (after proper preparation) ground and filed
back smooth (so you had a longer bit of 1 x 1/2 with no protrusions or
reinforcment) the piece then had to be bent back on itself, like a bobby
pin, with the bend centered on the weld metal. Still got mine somewhere - if
I can find it I'll take a pic