[modeleng] Re: Silversolder

  • From: Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:05:15 +0000

Hi Jesse,

    As the guy who started this thread off I have to thank you for your
input,  and especially your tests on silver-soldering.   You have
confirmed what I thought - that is that free-cutting steel can be
silversoldered.

    Do you have the facilities  and inclination,  to do a similar test
on two bits welded together?

    Regarding looking at your pictures - I went through the registering
process with "Photobucket",  but I think you have probably accepted the
default conditions,  which make your pictures private - anyway I could
not find a way to view them.   When you gave us your password then they
were readily accessible,  as were your other pictures.

    The picture of the model traction engine - the one with the engine
in the wheel - when was this taken,  as I have seen a recent picture of
the model with it all painted up.   There couldn't be two models of the
same engine could there?

    Thanks to all who have given an input to the leaded steel debate.

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in a very soggy St. Agnes.