[mira_talk] Re: Assembly

  • From: Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:35:48 +0100

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Sharmista Saha
<sharmistasaha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Peter, thank you, for your suggestion, even myself tried with that earlier,
> but I do not find Gossypium, where can i get that gb file of the same?

You just asked for Arabidopsis thaliana - not cotton ;)

I tried searching the genomes at the NCBI with Entrez for Gossypium,
but just found two chloroplasts:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=genome&term=Gossypium[orgn]

I am not a plant geneticist, so I have no idea if the whole genome has
been sequenced, and if it has, where else to look for it.

Peter