[mira_talk] Re: Assembly

  • From: Sharmista Saha <sharmistasaha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 18:13:28 +0530

Hi,

Following Bastein only, I renamed both the fasta and fastaqual file as it is
mentioned in the manual. I did follow thw respective manual from the first.
my mira command can run with the fasta file,
but as it comes to the fasta qual file
it shows me the error which I have written previously, where it stops at
(@40 ). since my fasta.qual file in a phred score containing file so, I feel
the error lies in there.

Fatal Error: "Illegal character (@: 40) at begin of fasta integer value
sequence in file at byte position 1"
->Thrown: void FASTA::loadNextINTSeq(ifstream & fin, int32 maxvalue)
->Caught: Assembly::loadFASTA(const string & fastafile, const string &
fastaqualfile, const uint8 readtype, const uint8 loadaction)
Program aborted.
CWD:
/home/sharmistha/Sharmistha/Bioinfo/Project_data/Cotton_data/mira_3rc2_dev_linux-gnu_i686_32_static/bin/Dataform
*

Anyhow, since my data set is a confidential one,

I can cite an example of my qual file.
which is similar as below.

+SRR001666.1 07+SRR001666.1 071112_SLXA-EAS1_s_7:5:1:817:345 length=36
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII9IG9IC

Now can you suggest me how to rectify the error? as I get the same
error after re running mira, since it is able to take in fasta file,
but while reading fasta.qual file it is facing this error and got aborted.

Thanks and regards,

Sharmistha