[mira_talk] Re: Assembly

  • From: Bjoern Usadel <usadel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:30:49 +0200

Dear Sharmista,

The best bet would probably to contact the relevant PI for the Gossypium projects: It seems finished but not yet released.

http://www.jgi.doe.gov/sequencing/statusreporter/psr.php?projectid=16065

Cheers,
Björn

Peter wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Sharmista Saha
<sharmistasaha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

@Peter, thank you, for your suggestion, even myself tried with that earlier,
but I do not find Gossypium, where can i get that gb file of the same?

You just asked for Arabidopsis thaliana - not cotton ;)

I tried searching the genomes at the NCBI with Entrez for Gossypium,
but just found two chloroplasts:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=genome&term=Gossypium[orgn]

I am not a plant geneticist, so I have no idea if the whole genome has
been sequenced, and if it has, where else to look for it.

Peter

Björn Usadel, PhD
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology
AG Integrative Carbon Biology
Am Muehlenberg 1
14476 Potsdam-Golm
Tel.: +49 331 5678153