[mira_talk] Re: Assembly

  • From: Sharmista Saha <sharmistasaha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:48:49 +0530

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

As  you said, I renamed the respective file and now could proceed, but still
the program aborted,

which shows in the log file as follows:

Fatal Error: "Illegal character (@: 40) at begin of fasta integer value
sequence in file at byte position 1"
->Thrown: void FASTA::loadNextINTSeq(ifstream & fin, int32 maxvalue)
->Caught: Assembly::loadFASTA(const string & fastafile, const string &
fastaqualfile, const uint8 readtype, const uint8 loadaction)
Program aborted.
CWD:
/home/sharmistha/Sharmistha/Bioinfo/Project_data/Cotton_data/mira_3rc2_dev_linux-gnu_i686_32_static/bin/Dataform
*

which as Lionel said and I also felt earlier is cause of
mira expects the quality file to contain Solexa scores (but only one per
base), not phred style quality scores. Should you have already the scores
already converted to phred style, you will need to set -LR:ssiqf=no.

so, how and where exactly to apply the given *-LR:ssiqf=no. so that my phred
scores are converted in fasta.qual file into solexa scores? *if you can
guide me, it will be good.

Thanks and regards,
Sharmistha