[lit-ideas] Re: : Muhammed and the Giant Peach

  • From: P.H.Lundbech <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:09:40 +0100

As I wrote earlier, few of the protestors have actually seen the
cartoons, but we do know what motivates them. They have probably
all heard the rumours. For example rumours spread by a Danish
imam on Aljazeera that the Quran was to be burnt in public
saturday by Danish right wing extremists. It didn't happen. They
may have seen a Danish imam on one of the Arabic networks with
the picture of Mahomet disguised as a pig, but that picture was a
forgery.

There are people pulling the strings, trying to exploit the
situation, but the question is whether they are politically or
religiously motivated.

P. H. Lundbech
Odense, DK