[lit-ideas] Re: Muhammed and the Giant Peach

  • From: P.H.Lundbech <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:51:40 +0100

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:36:36 +0000 (GMT), Judith Evans
<judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I thought Bluitgen's problem was *the* reason.

It was the main reason, yes. But apparently the story (that
nobody read) and the cartoons that went with it, was published
after several worrying stories from different parts of Europe.

> (I'd
>be happier about the explanation if the paper
>concerned weren't rather nasty!)

It's difficult for me to comment on this, as I not sure exactly
what you mean.

>They may well not know.  Someone on another list is
>convinced they don't and that much of this is
>whipped-up by their leaders.

or rumour?

P. H. Lundbech
Odense, DK