[lit-ideas] Re: Muhammed and the Giant Peach

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:42:32 -0600

Lundbech!!!!! Where have you been, my blue eyed son, Oh, where have you been, my darling young one? I thought you were dead. How good to hear from you again. Hey, I just want you to know that we (the US) appreciate the submarine you guys sent to Iraq as a partner in the Coalition of the Willing. Without it we might be mired down in a hopeless, murderous, insane war. God bless Denmark. Or Danmark as you guys like to write it (go figure). My brother in Aarhus sends his love. I told him just yesterday that we (the US) don't mind killing Muslims, but we'll be damned if we'll insult them -- well, except to make fun of their penises as Lyndie England did, or flush the Koran down the toilet -- but that's different, that's National Security stuff, you understand I'm sure. God bless the USA.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "P.H.Lundbech" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is remarkable. Arab mobs can tell American
newspapers what they can't print,

No they can't -- and you know it.

Name one, just one, American newspaper that has printed the cartoons.

Maybe this qualifies as one that hasn't:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/cartoon.protests/index.html

at the bottom:

"CNN has chosen to not show the cartoons out of respect for
Islam."

What about the british newspapers?

P. H. Lundbech
Odense, DK