[lit-ideas] Re: Muhammed and the Giant Peach

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:33:11 -0600

8 years!? You've been biting your tongue for 8 years?? God in heaven, the patience of some people staggers me. I can hardly stand the minutes it takes to respond to almost anything Lawrence Helm writes : ), but you've patiently sat back waiting for the ripe moment. Congrats, Christian, my hat's off to you. As the Officially Unofficial Welcoming Agent of Lit-Ideas, I welcome you. Be prepared for fatwas (a bow to Ritchie, though he probably doesn't remember saying that to me in a different context). But I need not tell you anything about this list if you've been lurking for 8 years. I'd give my left nut to 8 years younger. Both to be 30 years younger -- no wait, that'd be counter productive. But you get the metaphorical idea -- you've wasted a good 8 years that you could have been straightening out the world. No more waiting. The world needs you, Christian. Hop to it, fella. Post, post, post. It doesn't matter what you say -- as you no doubt know having lurk here for 8 years -- just say it. Keep our Nielsen rating up. Welcome in out of the warm. But first we need a brief bio. Me-o mi-o down on the bio. Just to please our nose.

Mike Geary Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Koellerer" <ck-list@xxxxxxx>