[lit-ideas] Re: Faith

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:18:20 -0700

Mirembe Nantongo wrote:

> Believe it or not, my beef is not with faith, but with reason. ("You think
> faith is unreasonable?" I read somewhere recently - "What makes you so sure
> reason is reasonable?").
>
> I propose a Lit-Ideas contest: Invent a substitute for Reason. (It can't be
> Faith, obviously, since all that did was dump us in the Middle Ages last
> time around.)

On behalf of our organization and of the Aristotelian Society
(http://www.sas.ac.uk/aristotelian_society/) it is my painful duty to
point out that Ms. Nantongo was sent down from the Mutton College Logic
Camp in 2001 for forging an argument.

Painful as this might be for her to admit, it seems clear that Ms.
Nantongo's search for a replacement for reason is not entirely
disinterested.

Robert Paul
Interim Director
Keep Reason in Our Schools