[lit-ideas] Re: Faith

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:50:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2005 12:34:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I don't  decide to like chocolate, I just do.

Hi,
But, maybe you like chocolate because:

a.) there is a genetic predisposition for how your taste buds were formed  to
like chocolate

b.) you are in need of the chemical 'high' that occurs when chocolate hits
your system (studies have shown that chocolate does, indeed, mimic the physical
 sensation that often occurs when one 'falls in love'...or other happy
emotions...)

c.) you might, indeed, be allergic to it (see Dr. Doris Rapp's studies on
allergies and how often the body craves that very item that it is most allergic

to...even our bodies are not always rational! <g>)

Just because you do not know *why* you like chocolate, does not mean there
is not a very reasonable explanation for it--you just have not dug deep enough,
 that is all.

Kind of like "What is Christian fundamentalism except perhaps the most
rationalistic and modern of faiths?"

seems to be more like what I hear alot:

"God said it, I believe, that's all there is to it".  That is what is  most
often spoken of by the Christian fundamentalist in the Red States  <g>
(understanding that there may be a difference between the  terminology of
'fundamentalism' from spot to spot...)

Fundamentally yours,
Marlena in Missouri