[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problems with making liblouis

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:38:22 -0700

Hello the following worked and the make command completed:

./configure CFLAGS="-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers”

note that the configure switch:

./configure --disable-java-bindings

Does not work and will fail.

So here are all the requirements;

for liblouis-2.5.0 this should compile without issue on a standard Mac with
Xcode and Xcode CLI tools installed

for liblouisutdml-2.5.0 you will need to do the following
1. Install MacPorts
2. install pkg-config (sudo port install pkg-config)
3. Edit your ~/.profile to include the following: export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
4. Run ./configure
CFLAGS="-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers”

This should give you a valid Makefile which will then make and make install.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
605 Robson Street, Suite 850
Vancouver BC V6B 5J3
CANADA