[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problems with making liblouis

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 21:45:37 +0200

> serially folks if I am having this much trouble getting this to work it
> should be telling us something.

Well, your PKG_CONFIG_PATH makes little sense to me, so it's hard to
believe that it's a default setting. I don't know where it comes from,
but it's easy enough to reset it to a useful value. But first let's try
to locate your libxml2.dylib and libxml-2.0.pc.

> I got my livxml-2.0 from here
> http://www.explain.com.au/oss/libxml2xslt.html[1]

This also doesn't seem very kosher. AFAIK recent versions of Mac include
libxml2 so why install it again? Is it not included anymore in Lion and
Mountain Lion? Also, I bet pkg-config doesn't look in
/Library/Frameworks by default.

> pkg-config came from MacPorts
>
> I really think we need to get to a point where we don’t need
> pkg-config to get this thing to compile on a Mac, we should be able to
> break a new mac out of the boo install Xcode and the CLI tools for
> Xcode and have it work.

Good point, theoretically it should be possible to do it without
pkg-config. We have to figured that out.