RE: Jaws 10 and RealSpeak Solo direct voices

  • From: "Jeffrey Schwartz" <sidney.schwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:01:51 -0500

If I understand you, those are the ones I have   You could buy an internal
card for $950 or one of these for $1100.  They are a bit larger than a paper
back book.  They came with a leather case .  They connected to the pc by way
of a cable that had a serial port connector for the computer and what looked
like a telephone plug for the unit.  I'm getting kind of nostalgic here.
There were much cheaper ones on the market, but these sounded the best.  How
would I configure it?  The old Jaws install asked you which com port it was
on, if I remember correctly.  Who knows?  It might sound better than
eloquence.
Thanks,
Jeff