Re: Jaws 10 and RealSpeak Solo direct voices

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:35:10 -0800

Hi Gerald,

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I don't keep one of these voices installed
in order to use it seriously during Say All, all the time. I just like it as
a variation now and then in special cases. So I don't have any big
expectations. Even though it took me some time to get used to my Eloquence
primary voice some years ago, that was simply because relying on a
synthesized voice to enable me to use the computer seemed creepy, sounded
mechanical, and was part of the experience of RP progress that I regretted.
But lo and behold, I eventually got used  to it and agree wholeheartedly
with your apt assessment. So never fear. I don't have extravagant
expectations that involve anticipating my computer talking to me in a
seamless, more human-sounding voice. I'm basically a really happy Eloquence
camper.

Joel