[PCB_FORUM] Re: Announcing the Transition of the ICU PCB Forum to CDNUSERS.ORG

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:27:52 -0600

Gary,

I see your point. and agree if everything you have stated below.

The cdnusers.org forums today has the ability to automatically
send posts / replies to a particular forum directly to your email.
This email will contain the post / reply in the body of the email.

I have a request into the Cadence Web team to address the
issue of having the ability to participate in the cdnusers.org
forums all via email without having to login to the web site.

Sorry if I repeated this a couple times but there was so many
email discussions going on the comments above may of been
missed.

Thanks,
Mike

"Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 03/08/2006
10:00:05 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Re: Announcing the Transition of the ICU PCB Forum
       to CDNUSERS.ORG

Ok, now for something a little different...

The people who subscribe to this list have different levels of experience
with Allegro and PCB design in general.  For those who are relatively new
Allegro and PCB design, this list is extremely valuable.  For those of us
who have been using Allegro and designing PCBs for many years, the list is
not as valuable.

We typically give help more than we receive it.  If it is too much trouble
to monitor the threads, we probably will not bother.  I typically don't
seek
out the forum for answers.  When I'm checking my e-mail and see someone
with
a problem that I know the solution to, I'll respond if no one else has
(since it's very easy).  I almost definitely will not look at the new web
site just to see if there are any threads that I could contribute to.

Do you see my point?  I believe that the e-mail forum is the best that it
can get for help from the user community.

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices
Longmont, Colorado