[haiku] Re: please keep non-GSoC comments out of these threads; was [GSsC] usermode Haiku or file system development

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:50:05 -0700

> So, putting this simply - I am not against extending Haiku with new features
> - but do not do it now... please. And when extending - do it right, with
> respect to BeOS/Haiku philosophy.
> Because I am 4 weeks (5 maybe) old Haiku user/developer - forgive me if it
> sounds offensive to any of you. It wasn't my intention. Sometimes I just
> think that you are here too long to remember what Haiku is all about and why
> it started at all. I have read your official web page from first to the last
> page and my memory is quite fresh...

Haiku R1 is already mostly defined.  Most of the GSoC projects will
not be in R1, so don't get overly concerned with it.
These email threads are from potential GSoC students to present their
project ideas and for getting feedback, please try to keep them on
topic.
Seeing that you are new to Haiku please check the mailing list
etiquette page (specifically about not top posting):
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/ml/etiquette
You say you read the website, but perhaps you missed this page on the
first pass through.
-scottmc