[haiku] Re: please keep non-GSoC comments out of these threads; was [GSsC] usermode Haiku or file system development

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 19:12:58 -0700

Hello Matt,

Matt Madia wrote:
Bravo. For someone who is highly skilled in public relations (and even has
a @haiku-os.org email address primarily for that reason), you have
yet again displayed a wonderful talents of communicating within the project
in a way that de-motivates contributors, turns the focus from development
to topics that "ruffle feathers", and on more than one occasion having random
people express comments that indicate un-subscribing from the list.

I applaud your skills, well done sir.

If you would honestly like to understand why people have a tendency to
not take kindly to your input, then please set aside some time to take
in what is being taught in these two videos. To note, every person who
participates in an open source community can also benefit from
watching these movies.

The first is a Google Tech Talk from the Subversion developers.
One of the key points of discussion being the most precious commodity
in an open source community.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645

The second is by Donnie Berkholz of Gentoo Linux.
Three topics that he discuss is: the damage of negative remarks, the
damage of existing project contributors "burying their heads in the
sand" by avoiding discussions with certain people, and the fact that
the goal of software projects is to write software & not to help
individuals improve there communication abilities.
http://blip.tv/file/2444432
http://www.mattwoodward.com/blog/index.cfm?event=showEntry&entryId=68C06071-8977-43E4-9E36A8B17D644699

As usual, instead of replying to the actual issues being raised, all you do is take cheap shots at me. Now basically calling me a poisonous asshole who is out to destroy the project is a new low though. Not that I am surprised coming from you...

Regards,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net