[haiku] Re: please keep non-GSoC comments out of these threads; was [GSsC] usermode Haiku or file system development

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:31:23 -0700

Hi Jatsek,

Jatsek Platsek wrote:
Simon Taylor wrote:
*
*> Jatsek you need to be a little more careful when entering a community
> and insulting some of the long-standing contributors. Koki has a history
> of ruffling feathers, which I agree is not always a bad thing. Matt has
> done a hell of a lot of work on the Haiku Inc side of things.

Simon, is it only me who finds what Mr. Madia did rude and impolite?

My reaction was perfectly normal. I would do the same if he attacked
anyone else. It had nothing to do with the fact that he attacked Jorge,
who seems to share my point of view when it comes to so called 'focus'.

What you are witnessing is Haiku's long-standing clique-driven double standard in play. If you are "in", you can get away pretty much with anything you say. But if you are "out", then you are subject to second class citizen status and thus are not supposed to speak up your mind; if you do, then be ready to be labeled an annoying person at the very list or to be totally chastised, insulted and other niceties in the worst case.

That's why many people fear to speak up their mind here; everyone is always afraid that they may tick off the powerful. This is what enables the clique to have a monopoly that empowers them to put anyone that they don't like or agree with down and out. Like they have done with you, basically. :)

Whether you are part of the clique or not does not depend on how much you contribute. The "you have insulted a long time contributor" argument that people bring up repeatedly to support the clique is a total fallacy. I am a long time contributor who has dedicated as much or maybe even more time to Haiku than Mr. Madia, but because he is part of the clique and I am not, he gets to insult me without anyone even raising a finger. You see the double standard, don't you?

Ok. No more words on it from my side.

You see what I mean? :)

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net

PS: BTW, how is your Twitter client coming along? :)