[haiku] Re: please keep non-GSoC comments out of these threads; was [GSsC] usermode Haiku or file system development

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 05:21:31 -0700

scott mc wrote:
So, putting this simply - I am not against extending Haiku with new features
- but do not do it now... please. And when extending - do it right, with
respect to BeOS/Haiku philosophy.
Because I am 4 weeks (5 maybe) old Haiku user/developer - forgive me if it
sounds offensive to any of you. It wasn't my intention. Sometimes I just
think that you are here too long to remember what Haiku is all about and why
it started at all. I have read your official web page from first to the last
page and my memory is quite fresh...

Haiku R1 is already mostly defined.  Most of the GSoC projects will
not be in R1, so don't get overly concerned with it.

And that's the point; too many projects (GSoC or not) going on that do not contribute to R1...

These email threads are from potential GSoC students to present their
project ideas and for getting feedback, please try to keep them on
topic.

...so +1 on being off topic, but unfortunately the guy does have a point: Haiku development does lack focus. I know this may shuffle some feathers, but I just had to get it off my chest...

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net