[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:50:23 +0100 (MET)

Yeah it seems the address is hardcoded:

[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ strings /boot/apps/SoftwareValet |grep depot
depotsn
Updated versions of SoftwareValet can be found on the BeDepot Web site at
http://www.bedepot.com
depotsn
depotsn
valet.bedepot.com
depotsn
http://valet.bedepot.com/valet.asp

btw, I never used .pkg things, I usually make a zip file with an INSTALL script
(sometimes an UNINSTALL one when I'm on a good mood), which is basically what a
.pkg is: it's an archive that is linked to the installer by the mime-type
and when the files have been extracted, a post_install script gets executed (
have a look at /tmp/ when installing a .pkg ), so all the things are automated.