[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: Steve Vallée <svallee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:02:10 -0800

I'm fully on your side. The most important part in the name "OpenBeOS" must
be ... "BeOS".  And I'm not a big fan of Linux too (I hate monolithics
kernels).

I think like you: with the "Package" system there's no need of opening a
soft to install / uninstall. It must be the simpliest possible.

But I still think that on top of that a clean "Repository" mechanic MAY be
good. Like the one in QNX. It's light, slim, ultra-easy-to-use.

- Steve