[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:16:08 -0500 (EST)

> My mother barely found www.nbc.com on her own the other night! You think she
> could install Linux? You think she knows WTF Linux is? I had a hard enough

Kickstart install. Put cd in computer. Turn on computer.

If she knows what a cd is and can find the power switch, she can install
linux.

> time getting her to use Windows after years of Mac OS. (first Mac she used -
> System 6.0.8) She still can't find her rear from a hole in the ground in
> Windows... I suspect it's more of a mindset than anything, but she won't

Insulting your mother won't win you any friends.

> adapt. She dosen't want to, and there's no way she'd handle a Kickstart
> installation either. The installation she might make it though... but after
> that... it'd be nothing but bi$ching.

But you are changing the subject here. It was the installer itself. I was
just pointing out things that were done well in other oses. Flaming other
people's pet oses doesn't help anyone here. I was just showing specific
things which may be useful to us, no more.

Please don't take this personally.

Fred