[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: Bryan Varner <Bman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:01:22 -0500

>> Also, could your mum navigate the RedHat installation proc? Mine would fall
>> over before the hard-disk partitioning... : )
>
>Did you hear what I said? Kickstart. This does it automatically. Besides,
>you don't need to partition to begin with. Another thing, did you see the
>progeny installer? Pretty newbie oriented.
>
>No offense.

My mother barely found www.nbc.com on her own the other night! You think she
could install Linux? You think she knows WTF Linux is? I had a hard enough
time getting her to use Windows after years of Mac OS. (first Mac she used -
System 6.0.8) She still can't find her rear from a hole in the ground in
Windows... I suspect it's more of a mindset than anything, but she won't
adapt. She dosen't want to, and there's no way she'd handle a Kickstart
installation either. The installation she might make it though... but after
that... it'd be nothing but bi$ching.

-Bryan

In-san-i-ty n., pl. In-san-i-ties. -- Persistant
mental disorder or derangement.
http://bmanv.no-ip.com        -- The looney bin
bman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     -- The keeper of the bin