[openbeos] Re: Bootable Test CD

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:16:24 -0700

Karl,
Maybe include the r##### in the title so people will be more likely to mark
that one their CDs.  I can get Haiku running on hardware, but what I'd like
to see is a superpack version that is also in the same format at the
haiku.image hard drive images generated by the Haiku build factory.

As for posting a "Hardware Test CD", I'd keep it offline until it reaches a
point where it's working on a higher percentage of PCs.  I think as it is
right now it was working on less than 1 in 5 or something like that?
So give it a month or two and see where things stand.  Seems there's been
much coding in the area recently, so should be better soon.

François,
Cool CD print image.  If Haiku Alpha R1 isn't released before Linux World
(August 2008), then maybe we'll print those up on paper and hand those out
;)  They have a url printed on them so people could then actually go and get
their own when it is released.

-scottmc