[openbeos] Re: Bootable Test CD

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:57:00 -0700

Hi Karl,

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 09:39 -0400, Karl vom Dorff wrote:
> I understand all the comments, some for, some against this CD. I've
> removed it from Haikuware.
>
> I'd like to perhaps create and maintain a 'hardware test CD' and
> remove reference to Haiku as outlined in the distro guidelines. Could
> someone please write a tutorial on how to remove/replace the leaf on
> the Haiku deskbar, as well as adjust the 'About Haiku' application.
> After removing and changing these, adding the disclaimers and licenses
> and removing reference to Haiku, would this be suitable, and would
> developers be ok with this?
>
> Personally, I think people enjoy watching the changes that take place
> on the 'Superpack' I maintain. I know I like to follow and test the
> progress of Haiku this way (as well as file bugs). I think people
> would also enjoy this with a CD, I just want to go about it the
> correct way.

The VMWare superpack has been serving a very useful purpose; I think we
all recognize that, which is probably why nobody ever mentioned the
branding issues before.

With regards to a hardware test CD, it is really more a matter of
timing; just give the devs time to address the technical issues before
you pursue such a project.

Cheers,

Koki