[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Moving away from Subversion

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:56:07 +0200

Hi All,

Am 28.06.2010 19:50, schrieb Alex von Gluck:
> From the discussions so far, here are the positives/negatives I am seeing
weighted on each SCM:

------
* Git

By the way, some days ago I tried to checkout the whole QT 4.7 repository from gitorious.org by using following command:

*git clone git://gitorious.org/+qt-haiku/qt/qt-haiku-port.git qt-haiku-port

*There were about 5-6 attempts that failed at ~50~60~80%% of completeness. Finally I spent more than one hour of time and circa thrice of original traffic to get the sources. Note that it was on normal quality DSL line. May be I did something wrong? Are there any other ways to initial checkout the repository beside this "whole at once" conception? Has Mercurial the same design flaw during initial cloning repositories?

--
Kind Regards,
  S.Zharski