[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Moving away from Subversion

  • From: Alex von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:27:37 -0500

> yes sure, and forget to add a new file to the commit,
> commit unwanted changes... :-) A gui would provide
> this infos and tortoiseshg does it quite nice. A
> cli can provide this infos too, but usually people
> become to lazy to get them or just forget it.

You assume all Haiku developers are lazy? :)

I just normally do a ' git status ' before committing anything, its nice
to know what something is going to do to your sources before you let it
have at it...

alex@leenux:~/haikufire$ git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       lol-newfile
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to
track)

git add .

anyway, this really isn't contributing to the overall discussion.  In the
end I think it will come down to who (Haiku commiter wise) likes each SCM
more as a matter of taste... not features :/)

Maybe a simple vote for everyone who has commit would be sufficient and
end this debate?  A flat text file in trunk in-which each commiter puts a
username... and +1 git, +1 hg, +1 svn, etc?

Thanks!
-- Alex