[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Moving away from Subversion

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Furthermore, I would like to add that this should be a discussion
> about which development model we want to have. If we want to stick to
> the centralized repository model then subversion really does almost
> everything we want. If we want to start experimenting with a less
> centralized model (for example with lieutenants), then there are other
> options.

This reminds me - I have no clue whether "darcs" would be suited to
your application, but the one thing I know about it is it's written
in Haskell.   I've been able to get a recent version of the GHC compiler
working on Haiku, so it would in theory be possible to get darcs working.

I'm guessing it probably isn't the right way to go, but just thought
I'd mention it in case someone was dying to use darcs (or some other
Haskell software.)

        Donn Cave, donn@xxxxxxxxxxx