[hackpgh-party] Re: Initial wiki page up!

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-party@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 01:19:12 -0500

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 13:12, gwen <gwenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm going to say, "Have you run a project or night lately and have

pictures?  Wanna make a poster display of it?"  We need to show off!

Yes, we do. I've started a list of potential poster ideas on the wiki page.
I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that I've forgotten.

If we just rerun the standard t-shirts, that's fine.  I don't want us
> to be too specific to this event since we're unsure of who all will
> come, and of those who'd want shirts.  But leftover t-shirts that are
> standard can be sold later too.

T-Shirts are a good idea, you'll see a message going out to the members list
about that soon from either Matt S or me.

Plus... I do want to do the baked goods contest!  Any thoughts on
> that?  Should I scrap that idea?

Are there more specific ideas about that?
Buy a ticket for sample of baked goods or just give 'em away?
Theme or completely "anything baked?" (i'm wondering about bread vs. cookies
vs. cupcakes vs. cakes ...)...

If we had the vacuform table done in time, we could even vacuform the raffle
baskets.

Oh, and what do we use for raffle ticket collecting? Do we need to make/get
something or was there something from the Halloween party we could re-use?

-D