[hackpgh-party] Re: Initial wiki page up!

  • From: gwen <gwenix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-party@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:56:34 -0500

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Mandy <steelgreypittsburgh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> *** Totally agreed, we do want people to drift back and chat.  Not bothering
> to ask them to pay?  Ludicrous.  Then why spend time marketing to the public
> if only having members have to pay to get in?  Resentful if no one takes
> money at the door?  Hell yes.  Everyone paid when they came in the door for
> the Halloween Party.  Everyone.  Easy as that.  The party just has to be
> interesting enough for them to WANT to pay.

Since this is the crux of my issue:

How do you propose we do that?

That was something Brillobox had a big advantage over OTB for: the
space we used was totally separate from the rest of the bar being
upstairs.  We'll be between the bathrooms and the main bar, and cannot
prevent people from using them.  This also means we're more visible
too, of course.  But this then does come back to what Doug was saying:
Is this a PR event or a fundraising event?

--
Gwendolyn R. Schmidt