[hackpgh-party] Re: Initial wiki page up!

  • From: Mandy <steelgreypittsburgh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-party@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:35:56 -0500

Hi party people!

Just reading through the notes and I have a couple callouts... things to
think about / discuss.

* I like the raffle basket idea - it seemed to be a hit at the Halloween
party.  I do want to callout, though, that all of the contents and
containers for this for the Halloween party were donated by members or
purchased out of pocket by Amy, Matthew and myself.  The shop didn't pay for
any of that... and I don't know if there are shop funds to pay for any of
that for this party either... but that's a question for higher-up on the
chain.

* Sorry I can't get off of this one - but a drink ticket included in the
price of entry is throwing me off.  I'm still thinking of those who don't
drink at all and those who choose to be designated drivers.  Many of us live
a ways away from the South Side, and we all know what a total pain it is to
get a cab anywhere in this town - so I think we need to be cognizant of
those that have made life choices and those that are awesome enough
to volunteer to haul the rest of our tipsy butts around :)  Why make them
pay for something they can't/won't use?  A $10 party might also scare off
the locals.

 *** I'm also curious how this would even work with OTB?  Are they providing
the tickets?  Do they give them to us up front for distribution with tickets
or at the door?  How do they get paid for the tickets?  Who makes the profit
(because many beverages aren't going to cost $5, what happens to the
leftovers)?

*m