[hackpgh-party] Re: Initial wiki page up!

  • From: Derrick Brashear <shadow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-party@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:33:21 -0500

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Mandy <steelgreypittsburgh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK so that right there is the question of the day.
>
> I didn't realize that the only bathrooms were right off of the room we'll be
> in.  That's a MAJOR problem, then.  No, you can't keep people from using the
> bathroom.
>
> I think that almost forces us into having this party as PR, then.  We'll
> have no way to control the passthrough traffic, and we certainly can't
> charge to use the bathroom.
>
> If we're not charging at the door for anyone else, then it doesn't seem fair
> to charge for members either (just throwing this out there).  How do we make
> $ for the shop then?  I guess pimp the raffles hardcore.... maybe do an
> activity like "make a throwie pin right here for $3"???
>
> That one data point changes the entire flux of our whole effort here.

Ok, i think now we're level-set. the drink ticket as "the thing you
get that makes you want to pay" was a concession to this space layout.

if we're going PR, then we do raffles, and forget the whole drink
ticket (or maybe you get a prize or raffle ticket with donation or
something, then can buy more)