[geocentrism] Re: Zeitgeist : Jesus-Christ assumed to be a false God

  • From: "John Roodt" <johnroodt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:30:35 +1100

I have some understanding of that, Paul.

I have many former leaders in the house-churches I attended over the past 25
years who also have "fallen away". All of the men did so after falling into
fornication, but I can't speak for the women. One I know who now lives in
London can't believe that she was ever involved in "that church stuff".

I question myself daily, and for many questions I still have no answers.

But I shudder to even think of putting my faith in Science. Some of it is
very impressive. I think of Quantum Mechanics and Relativity. Brilliant
Science, but obviously not TRUTH. That's why we have others trying to
uncover the truth with String Theory, Process Theory etc.

Isn't it natural for me to insist on the following:

- a beginning (t-zero)
- a purpose (why)
- a mechanism (how)

I have never seen any indication that Science can address those three
questions for the two defining foundations of modern science -- Big Bang and
Evolution.

They're non-starters! There is no natural explanation for their beginning.
And they're so interdependent.

You say: "With each week that passes, my conviction that I now have a more
complete understanding of life grows".

But how on earth did you even get out of the starting block? I don't mean to
insult you. I have a sincere respect for your intellect and worldly wisdom.
But how can you build your understanding without the most fundamental
foundation?

Beginning, Purpose, Mechanism -- everything else is pure presumption unless
you can address those.

Evolution and Big Bang are my alternatives to Faith in God, and so far they
look like nothing more than the 21st Century equivalent to the Flat Earth
theory -- the "good science" of its generation.

John