[geocentrism] Re: Voyager

  • From: "Glover, Rob" <Rob.Glover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:52:22 +0100

Well, I honestly didn't expect a reply that weird. It's hard to know where
to start.

Firstly Dr Jones, do you concede that NASA (and incidentally, many other
nations including Russia, China, India, Japan, not forgetting ESA) have in
fact launched satellites, and humans, into Earth Orbit?

Then what evidence 'convinced' you that they did not, or could not, send
spacecraft to the Moon, and further?

What evidence convinced you that every single image, rock sample and data
item gathered by the scientific space programmes of the last 40 years, by
many nations, including some of the most beautiful photographs ever taken,
are faked?

I suspect that no such evidence did, and that you believe what you believe
because of some literal interpretation of the Bible. That makes me then ask:

Why on Earth do you consider your religion to be so fragile that it could
possibly be threatened by anything in this data? Is not the incredibly vast,
awe-inspiring, unimaginably ancient, subtle, wondrous real universe an
elevating stage for a true deity, one that is worthy of the name God, a
being that transcends ourselves, our world and the mayfly lifespans of our
tiny civilizations? For your religion, does it not make your God greater
even than the ancients could ever have dreamed?

Is it not misguided, deeply, catasrophically wrong, to try and cram God into
one tiny planet, the one we were born on, and a few thousand years, the age
of Sumerian record-keeping - to make God as small as ourselves?

It seems to me about as rational as a follower of the old Babylonian
religions refusing to countenance the existence of Australia or America, as
they are not mentioned in the Enuma Elish.

Rob.