[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

I can?t find anywhere where the scriptures say "just reading the Scriptures
will not lead to salvation." My point, we were talking about how to think and
develop correct understanding not salvation. All the understanding in the world
will not result in salvation if people do not obey God when he tells them what
to think and how to think it. 1 Corinthians 13: 2. And though I have the gift
of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have
all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 2
Thessalonians 2:10??.because they did not receive the love of the truth, that
they might be saved. 11. And for this reason God will send them strong
delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12. that they all may be condemned
who did not believe the truth??..
Allen

"Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:The disciples had the same
(Hebrew) Scriptures, but they did not understand them until their eyes were
opened. They had Christ with them. They saw the miracles, but they still did
not believe that Christ was resurrected. If being with Christ was not enough,
why would reading the Scriptures be enough? Besides, you have not answered the
fact that Jesus tells the Jews that just reading the Scriptures will not lead
to their salvation.

Neville.

Allen Daves wrote:
The helper would guide us unto all truth the text you have is the truth He his
guiding us to.
if we or angel preach any other gospel let him be accused!
Allen Daves wrote:
I disagree... We can and must simply read them but we must read ALL of them not
some. This dose not require any interpretation. This is the scripture
presenting itself to us. When we look at All, then and only then can we see the
whole of what it is telling us.

Allen

Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?