[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:09:54 -0700 (PDT)

(P) By your telling us your interpretation in correcting Neville , are you not
yourself asking us to accept something outside of scripture, from you who is
just one man among many, which is from your own personal interpretation of it.

(A) Now if you don?t know or can't understand exactly what that verse of
scripture said how could you know that I was correcting Neville maybe I was
just agreeing with him and using that verse to support his position.

The point is you know exactly what the scripture say, the only question is if
you accept it or not. Understanding scripture has nothing to do with accepting
my interpretation or anyone?s interpretation 2 Peter 1:20 knowing this first,
that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,?????..

God has already given it to all but only those who . Mathew 10:3. and said,
"Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little
children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. ??..will be able to
understand and accept scripture???So how do we know??????.

(P) Would the Good God have left us orphans after the death of the last apostle
who had been given a mandate direct from Christ, or is it more likely that he
would have arranged for a succession? Perhaps I am missing something.

(A) yes, John16: 7. "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage
that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but
if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8. "And when He has come, He will convict
the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment????..

   "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all
truth; ?????. 1Chorinthians 13:10. But when that which is perfect has come,
then that which is in part will be done away.

Try the spirits ???? 1 John 4: 1. Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but
test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have
gone out into the world.

1Chorinthinans 4:6. Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred
to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us "not to think
beyond what is written," that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one
against the other.

Where do you draw the line?????..

Galatians 6:6. Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him
who teaches. 7. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows,
that he will also reap.

8. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who
sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.?????????????..

1 Peter 4:8. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love
will cover a multitude of sins.''

?????????????.

   If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers,
let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God
may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the
dominion forever and ever. Amen.

IF do not speak as the oracles of GOD you would have a point. Otherwise the
words I speak are not mine own and you have to make that determination based on
scripture not your ideas.

Allen

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(A) on the Contrary Scripture ALONE is the only way to understand it. That is
why we were told.......... 1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have
in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might
learn in us not to think of men "above that which is written",
...Why?......that no one of you be puffed up for one against another...........
And again... Jeremiah 10:23. O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in
himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. People are going to
have to take ALL the scripture at face value external of "human reasoning and
theorizing" or risk ignorance and confusion.

To which I have to respond then:

If I read you correctly, then each one of us has to read and interpret within
our own selves, without recourse to ANY other man. If this is so then, as you
have to know that each man receives from the word of God a different
interpretation depending upon his reading skills and knowledge, (which this
small group alone proves) then it is perfectly OK and in accord with TRUTH to
have contradicting ideas. Nonsense of course.

By your telling us your interpretation in correcting Neville , are you not
yourself asking us to accept something outside of scripture, from you who is
just one man among many, which is from your own personal interpretation of it.

For you to expect that, seems to contradict the word you placed above. "on the
Contrary Scripture ALONE is the only way to understand it."

If Scripture alone of itself is self explanatory, why does Neville need you or
anyone else to explain it to him.?

Yet we do in Acts have the Apostle Philip stating that indeed the Ethiopian
Kings servant needed someone with authority from God to explain Scripture.
There can be no doubt that Philip had been given that authority from Christ
Himself. Would the Good God have left us orphans after the death of the last
apostle who had been given a mandate direct from Christ, or is it more likely
that he would have arranged for a succession?

Perhaps I am missing something.

Philip. .