[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:37:28 +0100 (BST)

Allen,

I reply as follows to one of your main arguments:

(N) ?I certainly do not accept that they are appointed by Him.?
(A) Mathew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given
unto me in heaven and in earth.& Romans 13: 1. Let every soul be subject unto
the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are
?ordained of God?. Romans 13: 2. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power,
?resisteth the ordinance of God?: and they that resist shall receive to
themselves damnation. I?m not sure how anyone can maintain that position.

[N] Surely you are not saying that God placed Hitler, Lenin, Pol Pot, Amin,
Mugabe, Stalin, Bush, Blair, etc., in power? Do we not need to understand what
"the powers that be are ordained of God? means, rather than just take it as it
first appears? How about different translations of the same Scriptures? Do we
try and understand them, or do we just read them? When translating from one
language to another, it is the meaning that is of the utmost importance, not
the direct, word-for-word translation.

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with
Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos