[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 01:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

(P) That is totally unreasonable and irrational Allen

(A)How is that unreasonable and irrational? NO?.The reasoning of men in
foolishness. Your argument has no basis in scripture. You are telling me how
you feel about it. God said believe and obey, nothing about interpret. Man has
said well he really didn?t mean it that way. The burden of proof is on men, not
me. God said it, knew exactly what he was saying, when he said it, knows
exactly what it sounds like in every language on the earth. God is giving
everyone a choice, to accept it as a child or trust in yourselves or someone
else. That seems to be man's preferred method, but it is not God's.

(P) It has to be taken as conditional to every other statement of God in His
book.

(A)There is nothing in the context or in all of scripture that states or
indicates that does not mean exactly what it says, on the contrary I have
demonstrated from scripture, just the opposite is true. I have shown you
several scriptures that make plain statements. You can not provide even one
that is remotely contrary to this position. That should tell you something.
Other wise I agree it must be taken with every other statement?..but you
haven?t made any connection with any scripture?. just how you feel about it,
which is not relevant. The reason is because your position is scriptural
unfounded. I am not trying to be demeaning just making a point?? The words used
in this scripture are everyday words that get used everyday and the sentence
structure is common as well. It is funny that people seem to be able to
understand these kinds of things in their everyday life, but when it comes to
scripture ???.it?s all very complicated. There is nothing difficult about this
scripture
 , except
 the willingness to accept it as is.

1 Corinthians 3:18. Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be
wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19. For the
wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches
the wise in their own craftiness''; 20. and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts
of the wise, that they are futile.'' 21. Therefore let no one glory in men?????.

(P) ??. where does the word of God stand in value with the vast majority of
men, if taken as a whole throughout history since creation, who cannot or never
could read?

   Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel
to every creature. ??.

1 Peter 3:15. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to
give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you,
with meekness and fear; ????..

That is our responsibility to see to that problem?....

Matthew 7:7. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock,
and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks
finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened??. 14. "Because narrow is the
gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find
it. ????

If they don?t seek it why do you think they would be able to find it?

If you need Wisdom ask God?.but you only know this from scripture????

James 1:5. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all
liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6. But let him ask
in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven
and tossed by the wind. 7. For let not that man suppose that he will receive
anything from the Lord;

   he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. ???????

But you should make sure you know what you are talking about??????.

James 3: 1. My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we
shall receive a stricter judgment

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Allen said:
"When he said he ordained them and do not resist them. Those who say it means
anything other than what it plainly says have a burden of proof on them to
prove that it dose not mean exactly that! "
The point being you can't prove that because all you have is what you have been
given including the text. The text states that all the answers including how to
read and understand the text are found in and only in the text not in mans
ability to reason or anywhere else. end quote.

That is totally unreasonable and irrational Allen. You cannot take text out of
context, as though it was not conditional upon all of the complete book of God.
The simple sentence standing alone certainly may be absolute , but it cannot be
taken standing alone, or even in the context of the paragraph, or even the
chapter from which it came.

It has to be taken as conditional to every other statement of God in His book.

Thus this simple statement then becomes a very difficult exercise in reasoning
ability, depending upon how well is the readers knowledge of all of scripture.
This latter alone is beyond the capability of most ordinary men. Jesus spoke
His parables plainly yet His disciples had to have it explained. I even need to
have His explanations explained.

More importantly, where does the word of God stand in value with the vast
majority of men, if taken as a whole throughout history since creation, who
cannot or never could read? Compulsory education is an evil figment of this
modern world, and probably the main cause of its impending destruction.