[geocentrism] Re: Three days and three nights

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:07:53 +1000

(A) on the Contrary Scripture ALONE is the only way to understand it. That is
why we were told..........  1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I
have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye
might learn in us not to think of men "above that which is written",
...Why?......that no one of you be puffed up for one against another...........
And again... Jeremiah 10:23.  O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in
himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. People are going to
have to take ALL the scripture at face value external of "human reasoning and
theorizing" or risk ignorance and confusion.

To which I have to respond then:

 If I read you correctly, then each one of us has to read and interpret within
our own selves, without recourse to ANY other man. If this is so then, as you
have to know  that each man receives from the word of God a different
interpretation depending upon his reading skills and knowledge, (which this
small group alone proves) then it is perfectly OK and in accord with TRUTH to
have contradicting ideas.  Nonsense of course.

By your telling us your interpretation in correcting Neville , are you not
yourself asking us to accept something outside of scripture, from you who is
just one man among many, which is from your own personal interpretation of it.

For you to expect that,  seems to contradict the word you placed above. "on the
Contrary Scripture ALONE is the only way to understand it."

If Scripture alone of itself is self explanatory, why does Neville need you or
anyone else to explain it to him.?

Yet we do in Acts have the Apostle Philip stating that indeed the Ethiopian
Kings servant needed someone with authority from God to explain Scripture.
There can be no doubt that Philip had been given that authority from Christ
Himself.  Would the Good God have left us orphans after the death of the last
apostle who had been given a mandate direct from Christ, or is it more likely
that he would have arranged for a succession?

Perhaps I am missing something.

Philip. .