[geocentrism] Re: Challenge Jack Lewis

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:06:44 +0100

Totally wrong I'm afraid Phil.  Evolution is as much fact as is the
statement that the earth goes round the sun.  Even more so because you
can't use relativity to say that evolution is just one perspective.
Just the presence of differentail suvival rates of competing organisms
due to their ability to suvive (tautological) combined with their
passing on their characteristics with occasional modification
(undenialbe) necessitates evolution with a small "e".  Domestication of
animals is proof enough of this.  Evolution with a big "E" is not much
of a step from there and is the ONLY theory (scientific theory that is)
we have ever had which explains how we came about.  There is absolutely
overwhelming evidence that evolution happened.  I have read many books
on it and read many arguments against it.  The arguments against it are
as silly as the arguments against NASA having gone to the moon.
Computer simulations of evolution have given us great insight into how
substrate independant evolution is.  All you need is something that
replicates (some sort of crystal for instance, genetic algorithm, or
computer virus) with some variation.  When resources run out there will
be competition and the more efficient replicators will out-replicate the
others.  That's it!

I'm afraid great damage has been done to the ability of many Americans
to think logically due to this ridiculous trend to teach that evolution
is just a theory and creationism is an equally viable alternative.  It
just ain't true I'm afraid.  You can believe the earth is flat if you
like, and force schools to teach that a round earth is just a theory
too, the earth will still be round.

Regards,
Mike.