[geocentrism] Re: Challenge Jack Lewis

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:18:11 +1000

I will not allow myself to get into this impossibl debate here because it is
off subject and covers so much, other than to say just once the following.

 I do not dispute natural selection either up (success) or down (failure.)

That is not evolution. This is the survival of the fittest. I prefer to put
it , THE FITTEST TO SURVIVE.

Likewise for creationists, to call themselves scientific creationists, or
follow "creation science"  are foolishly misguided, and have as many
differing views as there are Christian denominations. They look fo imagined
loopholes in reality, like there is not enough sand in the gulf of Mexico to
explain the wear of the grand canyon.

God is not that stupid. Its like saying that on creation day, the garden of
Eden had a forest of trees without no age rings.

Then those who say He started a spark billions of aeons ago and it went from
there, by natural selection.  Where are all the failures? Where are the
cross genetic species? Whether you are prepared to accept it or not,
biologists and geneticists are already disputing among themselves over what
actually evolution is. Cross breeding genetically is impossible. So they say
the species  developed separately from the soup.

I'm sorry but this one is what Alan can call wishful thinking. I'm not
knocking you. I've held the same convictions, for many years in the past.
It doesn't gel.

Remember the delightful fascinating enjoyable movie "I'm Alive" The perfect
robot, with artificial intelligence, became conscious of being.

That is the crix of it. "Being." Smart machines arn't beings Dogs or monkeys
can never reason and tell us that they are beings though we call them
sensual beings.

The dog today is the same state as 5000- years ago. The most intelligent
animal after the horse, not counting the dolphin.

What turns the intelligent machine, biological or mechanical into a
conscious being?

Read Asimov's "THE BIOLOGY OF THE HUMAN BRAIN"

Scanning waves and all, no one knows where the soul (being) is anywhere
within the human body.

No if evolution was real, the universe would be full of Babylon 5 people.
LOL   That aint real science.

Phil.