[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:47:14 +0100

On 05 Aug, Steven Jones <stavro_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this can easily be refuted.

        Well I have yet to see anyone refute it with scientific evidence.

> The only thing that you know regarding
> aberration is that something is moving. It most certainly isn't a
> demonstrated fact that the Earth rotates.

        I didn't say it was. What I said is that it demonstrates the fact
that the earth MOVES - i.e. it goes in an orbit round the sun.

> For simplicity, I have already
> explained the modified Tychonic Model to you which accounts for all of
> these phenomena for exactly the same mathematical reasons that
> heliocentrism allegedly accounts for them. When I showed you to be wrong
> using the modified Tychonic Model in a previous email regarding
> parallax, you then furiously dismissed the model as being a "ridiculous
> theory".

        No. you didn't show me to be wrong. You put forward your theory in
order to account for the observed parallaxes. Also, I wasn't furious, but
I was rather sad!

        The tychonic model does NOT account for the aberration of light.
If the stars were rotating round the earth (or sun), the angle of the
aberration of light would be different for all the stars, because they
MUST be moving at different speeds if they are at different distances (or
do you claim that all the stars are at the same distance from the earth?)

        In fact the aberration of light is exactly the same for ALL stars,
which would indicate that the stars are stationary (comparatively) and
that the earth is moving.

        The problem is that I quote observed facts, and proven scientific
theories. There is absolutely no scientific evidence for the stars going
round the earth every 24 hours, and lots of scientific evidence that they
don't.

        I have never been rude in my postings. I'm sorry if you think I
have, but if being opinionated means voicing my opinions, yes, I have done
that. As a retired physics teacher, I am very concerned that incorrect
science may be being disseminated, and I put forward evidence for what I
believe is correct science.

        Alan Griffin