[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Steven Jones <stavro_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:23:39 +0100 (BST)

Dear Mr. Griffin,

Please learn before you speak, because to say that you are confused would be an
understatement. Heliocentrism has never been proven, and your example of the
changing radial velocities of stars does not prove it either.

I have referred you to the Modified Tychonic Geocentric model for simplicity of
answering your question concerning the changing radial velocities of stars
being accounted for in a geocentric cosmos. I would stress that I do not
personally advocate this particular geocentric model, because of the deference
that it still gives to the sun.

Regardless, this system easily accounts for the aforementioned phenomena for
the very same reasons (mathematically speaking) that heliocentrism allegedly
accounts for the changing velocities also.

Consider a fixed Earth, not moving in any way whatsoever, and located at the
exact centre of the universe. All the planets (excluding the Earth which is not
a planet) orbit the sun, whilst the the sun is also the kinematical focus of
the stars which also revolve around the sun once every 23h:56m. The sun then in
turn orbits the Earth once a day with everything else accompanying it.

Thus, we can conclude that due to the cam-like motion of the stars about the
Earth, this model easily accounts for the changing radial velocities of the
stars.

As regards Mr. Knarr's brilliant email, I am afraid that he told the truth and
you didn't like it. You cannot prove him to be incorrect.

Sorry, but your speaking nonsense about heliocentrism being simpler than
geocentrism! Did you know that all multimedia planetariums that predict where
celestial objects will be night after night, all actually have a geocentric
foundation? Or that no accurate computer program has ever been built that
demonstrates a working heliocentric model, without special lookup tables to
calculate the exact position of individual planets based upon observations
spanning 200 years.

Further, heliocentrism actually has at the very least 3 more epicycles than
geocentrism.

Finally, you mentioned how geocentrists can only predict things, but
heliocentrists have laws to adequately explain everything. You obviously don't
know anything about the 3 body problem, or perhaps the hidden failure of the
VSOP '87 model then. It may come as a surprise to you that nobody can even
calculate the orbit of the moon!

Kind Regards,

Steven Jones.