[geocentrism] Re: Aether effects

  • From: "Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:44:45 -0500

Neville,

True. By way of disambiguation, I should clarified have the sense in which I intended the word "conserving" -- I meant it in the sense that such an aether does not viscously drag down an option and finally force it to stop (which was the stated criticism which I was addressing with that last clause). I meant "conserve" in the sense of "protect and not impede or harm the ability of an object to undergo" such motion. Since "conserve" can obviously be taken in another sense entirely, the ambiguity in the sentence is obviously due to my poverty of expression.

My apologies

Martin

On Apr 23, 2007, at 4:33 PM, Dr. Neville Jones wrote:

Martin,

Perhaps the "confusion" was caused by the following comment?

"Objects can travel through it freely without impediment, but the aether resists acceleration while conserving constant-velocity rectilinear motion."

Neville.

"Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Martin G. Selbrede wrote:

Furthermore, celestial objects do not exhibit uniform rectilinear motion, rather their velocities are constantly changing.

I think I'll address this comment, as it appears to stem from a misunderstanding of a point I made. I said that the Markov-type aether resists changes in velocity. I didn't say that such aethers forbid changes in velocity. The constant of proportionality that determines this resistance to change is well known -- you can see it in the equation F = ma. The extent to which "their velocities are constantly changing" satisfies, and does not defy, my contention. I assumed that I didn't need to explicitly state this anymore than I already had when I said that the Newtonian dynamics were preserved. "Uniform rectilinear motion" is, in fact, preserved "unless acted on by another force," which we can take in the widest possible sense to include collisions, gravitation, magnetic force, etc. The point is that the Markov aether does not give rise to any kinematic predictions that differ from what we currently observe. In other words, it is fully consistent with observation. There are no observations that contradict or undermine it, least of all the circumstance that celestial objects don't exhibit uniform rectilinear motion.

Martin S

Martin G. Selbrede
Chief Scientist
Uni-Pixel Displays, Inc.
8708 Technology Forest Place, Suite 100
The Woodlands, TX 77381
281-825-4500 main line (281) 825-4507 direct line (281) 825-4599 fax (512) 422-4919 cell
mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx / martin.selbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxx