[gameprogrammer] Re: (no subject)

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:32:40 +0200

On Wednesday 16 May 2007, Kuon - Nicolas Goy - 時期精霊 (Goyman.com SA) -
675 wrote:
[...]
> Yea, this is the idea, but don't use 1 texture per frame, prefer big
> textures with multiple frames in it, and simply use coordinates.

Yes, that's potentially even faster, although some cards/drivers seem
to have virtually zero texture switch overhead.

You just have to make sure you don't hit the maximum texture size
limit, which is hardware and driver dependent. I would think pretty
much everything in use now can do 2048x2048, though...

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |
|     http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting         |