[gameprogrammer] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Scott Harper <lareon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:28:03 -0600

I don't know how GIF files (or AVI files, for that matter) are stored, but you can find libraries to do that for you. Once you can read the frame data from either of them, you can upload the frame data to a new texture (using glTexSubImage2D() ), or for smaller animations (fewer frames, I mean) you could just make textures for each frame and then switch between textures once the animation frame's duration is up.

I also recommend for small animations simply making one texture with all the frames laid out within it, and switching to use different texture coordinates, though I realize this isn't what your question was. ^_^

-- Scott

On 2007/05/14, at 6:29, Yasser Gonzalez wrote:

Once again with my question

How I put a animated gif or an avi file like a texture using opengl?